Wednesday, October 11, 2006

UGA-ly

I hope the headline of this post doesn't generate any letters from Governor Perdue. If you really want to see an ugly headline, check out the Mobile Press Register's thoughts on Auburn's performance this past Saturday. (Thanks to Uncle Kermit in B'ham; he sent me the previous link and this War Eagle venting. Things aren't so bad around here, now are they?

I'm surprised that perennial AL gubernatorial candidate Charles Barkley hasn't fired off a letter in protest. Probably has better things to do, like eat.

I have to give J-79 some credit. He predicted a two TD win for his VOLS in a post comment he made here recently. Nice going and congrats.

Folks, I'm no expert football prognosticator, but I play one on this blog. I said all last week* that if our offense could find 20 points (and we found 19), we would win the game because of our defense.

Whoops. Whoda thunk we'd score 33 and get blown out? I guess that bucket of KFC I sacrificed Friday night in the cemetary worked**, because our receivers sure stepped up big. Maybe I should have run for the border and offered up some Taco Bell for our defense.

Up next: Vandy. Check back Friday for an update on their party school reputation.

*But not in writing. Some prognosticator I am, I know.

** I chickened out. We ate KFC for Sunday dinner. And I live less than 150 yards from a cemetary. Instead, I watched "Major League" and asked Jaboo to come, take fear from WR hands.

2 comments:

J-79 said...

Don't give me too much credit Russ. I predicted a two touchdown win of the 24-10 variety, not a 51-33 trackmeet. I don't think anybody saw that coming

J-79 said...

What's on your Sonny-Do List?

More defense funding for UGA.

More funds to fight the obesity epidemic (Phil Fulmer) that's ruining your state.

A tougher stance on illegal migration of top notch talent to Tennessee.

Hey, you should expect as much from the master of politico-sport commentary...